Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Hope This Sounds Familiar!

My name is Terry Lincoln and I would like to join the Rowe School team in welcoming you to the exciting year of first grade!  This will be a year of tremendous growth for your child!  We're not sure who's more excited for the year to begin, or who has more "butterflies", the children or the teachers!

September 1st offers an informal time for you and your child to visit our classroom. You're welcome to drop by anytime between 8:30 and 10:00 to visit the school, see our room, find your child's coat hook, and visit with other families. I'm looking forward to meeting each of you.

I'll be using this blog to keep our home/school communication up-to-date.  You'll notice that the posts on the left are organized in chronological order.  I'll try to blog at least once a week.

I like the idea of a blog format because it allows me to post short, focused first grade updates as often as necessary.  My hope is to share pictures, observations, slideshows, and student work in an attempt to offer a bird's-eye-view of our very busy weeks in grade one.

Please note that I will use blue Home/School Communication folders for messages that need to be read as soon as possible.  Student work, first grade team notices concerning class trips, sign-ups for conferences, and last minute classroom requests will be tucked into this folder that will go home with your child every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment