Sunday, October 2, 2011

Handwriting


We began to work in our new (to Rowe first grade) Handwriting Without Tears program last week.  To help me to understand the schema our students already have in the realm of handwriting, I asked the following question:  What is handwriting?  I thought I'd share their responses today because some are sure to bring a smile to your faces.  I enjoy their answers because they are all right depending on each child's unique perspective.

*It's when you use your hands to write.
*Handwriting is about writing pictures and stories.
*When you write sentences, that's like handwriting.
*You put your hand down and someone traces your hand.
*Handwriting is writing with pencils, markers, and crayons.
*You write numbers.
*Handwriting is math.
*Handwriting is using finger spaces.
*Handwriting is a creative thing you can draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment