Thursday, October 27, 2011

I-Message Update

Did you have a chance to read our guidance counselor's October newsletter?  In it, Mrs. Gross tells us the steps of an I Message.  I wanted to blog about this information because it is a little different than the I Message steps I recently listed in a blog post.  To be honest, I like her words better and would like to repeat them in this post, as well as, provide a link to her website.  (Click on the jumping chick!)

The steps of an I Message are:

1.  LOOK THE PERSON IN THE EYE.
2.  SAY THE PERSON'S NAME.
3.  SAY HOW IT MAKES YOU FEEL.
4.  SAY WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.
5.  TELL WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE THEM TO DO INSTEAD.

When you ____________________________________________

I feel ________________________________________________

I want you ___________________________________________

WATCH US PRACTICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment