Saturday, December 3, 2011

First Grade P.E. Class

Have you ever had a chance to watch a P.E. symphony?  I have!  Prior to Thanksgiving break I had the pleasure of observing our class as they spent time with Meg Pachuta.  The students entered the gym and immediately began to warm up.  Next they practiced skills they would use in a game later in the period.  Prior to the close of the class, I enjoyed watching two games going on at the same time at opposite ends of the gym.  My favorite notes in the symphony were the kind words used to celebrate partnerships as groupings changed seamlessly throughout the time I was there.  Click on this picture if you'd like to watch the P.E. class from the comfort of your home!  Try to count the number of transitions your children experience as they warm-up, listen to instruction, set-up, participate in skills work, play cooperatively and pick-up throughout this 45 minute block of time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment