Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sideways Poetry!

Ever since we received our two iPads from YEF,  I have been trying to find and learn to use apps that will help to fill our classroom blog with the sound of children's voices.  The Explain Everything app seems to do just that.  I'd like to thank Rowen's mom, Melina Roberts, for coming in for a few extra volunteer spots to record our first graders reading their favorite poems!

And, yes, the student work IS sideways!  I have tried everything I can think of to turn the pages around but the iPad seems to have a mind of its own and emails the images in the horizontal mode--no matter how many times I change the page set-up in Explain Everything!  Darcy Berry thinks it may have something to do with the page orientation before I clicked the word "done" prior to recording your children's voices.  Alas, there is no way to change the little video without losing the voice recordings.  Lesson learned!

The second group of student slides was so large that I was unable to drop it into the blog in the way that I did the first.  During our tech class, Cathy Wolinski helped me to export the video to my classroom YouTube channel.  Click on the words below and you should be able to enjoy the rest of the student written poetry.   

Please click here to view the new video of the first group of student poems.



No comments:

Post a Comment